Hematology and BMT Institute International(HBII)
Dr. S.K. Gupta is a renowned Hematologist in India, practicing as haematology Consultant at Hematology and BMT Institute International. With an extensive experience of over 15 years in the field of Hematology. He started his medical carrier as nursing student. He has been trained at various reputed & prestigious healthcare Institutions in India. He carries with himself an extensive experience of attending over 250 Bone Marrow Transplants for patients suffering from various Hematological blood disorders from India and across the globe.
Dr. Gupta possesses expertise in Blood disorders like Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Aplastic Anemia, Thalassemia and Sickle Cell disease, hemophagocytic syndromes, immuno deficiencies etc. His interests includes handling all kinds of Hematological disorders in both Adult and Paediatric Patients, which affect blood and bone marrow directly or indirectly.
He has a long standing interest in discovering the underlying pathways that drive the post stem cell transplant complications.
Dr S.K. Gupta Strongly believes that early diagnosis and proper guidance & support are the cornerstone of fruitful outcome even in life threatening hematological disorders. Moreover proper monitoring of the patient’s condition, boosting the morale of both patient as well family are also key steps in reducing the morbidity and mortality during the treatment which he takes care at personal level along with his strong supportive team. At the same time he is running number of awareness camps at community level for same to benefit all age group of patients.
- Dr S.K. Gupta has started his medical career as a best outgoing MBBS student in the year 2000 from Tirunelveli Medical College (Dr. MGR University), Tamil Nadu.
- He has done MD – Paediatrics in the year 2007 from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS – New Delhi.
- He has done DM – Clinical Haematology in the year 2010 also from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS – New Delhi.
- MBBS (Gold Medalist), MD – Pediatrics (AIIMS – Delhi)
- DM-Clinical Hematology & BMT (AIIMS – Delhi)
- Clinical Hematologist | Hemato Oncologist
- Pediatric Hematologist | Hemato Oncologist
- Blood & Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist
Dr S.K. Gupta has over 11 years of quality experience from one of the most renowned corporate hospitals like Medanta, The Medicity, Gurugram (Delhi-NCR) and HCG Hospital Bangalore.
- 2006 – 2013 – Resident and Medical Officer at AIIMS.
- 2013 – 2016 – Consultant Clinical Hematology & BMT at Medanta, Gurugram.
- 2016-2017 – Consultant Clinical Hematology & BMT at HCG Bangalore.
Dr S.K. Gupta has done more than 50 bone marrow transplants including successful half match transplant (Haplo) & matched unrelated transplant by procuring voluntary bone marrow stem cells from USA, Germany and Poland. He has attended almost 150 BMTs.
Dr S.K. Gupta possesses expertise in Blood & Bone Marrow Transplant especially for noncancerous disorders like aplastic anaemia diagnosis and treatment, thalassemia, sickle cell disorders.
His interests also includes, handling all kinds of Haematological disorders in both child and paediatric patients like Leukaemia’s, Lymphoma, Myeloma Thalassemia and specialized in treating diseases which affect blood and bone marrow directly or indirectly. He has a long standing interest in discovering the underlying pathways that drive the post stem cell transplant complications.
- Best Hemato-Oncologist 2015, Six Sigma Excellence Health Service Award – 2015.
- First Prize – Army Research Hospital, Delhi – Alloreactivity before allogenic PBSCT as a predictor of GvHD – 2013 – Award for Thesis work.
- Alloreactivity in BMT to prevent GvHD – 2012.
- ASCO – American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- ASH – American Society of Haematology.
- ISHTM – Indian Society of Haematology and transfusion medicine
Dr S.K. Gupta hold the distinction of giving scientific presentations at national and international conferences and has various publications to his credit.
- Case report- Giant cell transformation of podocyte an unique histologic feature associated with a rare renal disease – APCON – 2007.
- Case report- subacute combined degeneration of spinal cord in a child – IJP-Volume 78 – 2011.
- Case report- Disseminated histoplasmosis in a patient with aplastic Anaemia – Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood transfusion – 2012.
- ALK positive Diffuse large -B cell lymphoma-rare entity – Indian Journal of pathology and Microbiology – 2014.
- Picking up myelodysplastic syndromes and Megaloblastic Anaemias on peripheral blood – International Journal of Lab Hematology – 2014.
- Multiple myeloma with extensive Bone marrow necrosis – J. of Clinical and Diagnostic research – Nov 2015.