Hematology and BMT Institute International(HBII)
Dr S.K. Gupta is a renowned hematologist in India with an experience of over 15 years in the field, practising as a hematology consultant at Hematology and BMT Institute International. He started his medical career as a nursing student and has trained at various reputed and prestigious healthcare institutions in India. He carries with himself an extensive experience of attending over 250 Bone Marrow Transplants for patients suffering from various hematological blood disorders from India and across the globe.
Dr Gupta has expertise in blood disorders like Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Aplastic Anemia, Thalassemia and Sickle Cell disease, Hemophagocytic syndromes, Immunodeficiencies, etc. His interests include handling all kinds of hematological disorders in both adult and paediatric patients, which affects blood and bone marrow directly or indirectly.
He has a long-standing interest in discovering the underlying pathways that drive the post stem cell transplant complications.
Dr S.K. Gupta strongly believes that early diagnosis, proper guidance and support are the cornerstones of fruitful outcomes even in life-threatening hematological disorders. Moreover, adequate monitoring of the patient’s condition, boosting the morale of both, patient and family are also key steps in reducing the morbidity and mortality during the treatment, which he takes care at a personal level along with his strong supportive team. At the same time, he is running many awareness camps at the community level for the benefit of all age groups of patients.
- Dr S.K. Gupta started his medical career as the best outgoing MBBS student in the year 2000 from Tirunelveli Medical College (Dr MGR University), Tamil Nadu.
- He completed MD – Paediatrics in the year 2007 from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- He completed DM – Clinical Haematology in the year 2010 also from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- MBBS (Gold Medalist), MD – Pediatrics (AIIMS – Delhi)
- DM-Clinical Hematology & BMT (AIIMS – Delhi)
- Clinical Hematologist | Hemato Oncologist
- Pediatric Hematologist | Hemato Oncologist
- Blood & Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist
Dr S.K. Gupta has over 11 years of quality experience from renowned corporate hospitals like Medanta, The Medicity, Gurugram (Delhi-NCR) and HCG Hospital, Bangalore.
- 2006 – 2013 – Resident and Medical Officer at AIIMS.
- 2013 – 2016 – Consultant Clinical Hematology & BMT at Medanta, Gurugram.
- 2016 – 2017 – Consultant Clinical Hematology & BMT at HCG, Bangalore.
Dr S.K. Gupta has done more than 50 bone marrow transplants including successful half match transplant (Haplo) & matched unrelated transplants by procuring voluntary bone marrow stem cells from USA, Germany, and Poland. He has attended almost 250 BMTs.
Dr S.K. Gupta has an expertise in Blood & Bone Marrow Transplant, especially for non-cancerous disorders like Aplastic Anemia diagnosis and treatment, Thalassemia, Sickle cell disorders.
His interests also include handling all kinds of hematological disorders in both, children and paediatric patients like Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma Thalassemia and specialised in treating diseases which affect the blood and bone marrow directly or indirectly. He has a long-standing interest in discovering the underlying pathways that drive the post stem cell transplant complications.
- Best Hemato-Oncologist 2015, Six Sigma Excellence Health Service Award – 2015.
- First Prize – Army Research Hospital, Delhi – Alloreactivity before allogenic PBSCT as a predictor of GvHD – 2013 – Award for Thesis work.
- Alloreactivity in BMT to prevent GvHD – 2012.
- ASCO – American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- ASH – American Society of Haematology.
- ISHTM – Indian Society of Haematology and transfusion medicine
Dr S.K. Gupta holds the distinction of giving scientific presentations at national and international conferences and has various publications to his credit.
- Case report- Giant cell transformation of podocyte a unique histologic feature associated with a rare renal disease – APCON – 2007.
- Case report- subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord in a child – IJP-Volume 78 – 2011.
- Case report- Disseminated histoplasmosis in a patient with aplastic Anaemia – Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood transfusion – 2012.
- ALK-positive Diffuse large -B cell lymphoma-rare entity – Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology – 2014.
- Picking up myelodysplastic syndromes and Megaloblastic Anaemias on peripheral blood – International Journal of Lab Hematology – 2014.
- Multiple myeloma with extensive Bone marrow necrosis – J. of Clinical and Diagnostic research – Nov 2015.